One Pan Egg Supper - 67p each, 266kcals
Serves 2 - 67p per portion (or 50p each if you have a supply of free, fresh eggs!) (266kcals)
This was something I threw together with an Algerian dish, chakchouka, in mind. Whilst this is miles away from the chakchouka my Algerian family serve, the principal is the same: veg, herbs, garlic, eggs...all coming together to make something surprisingly delicious and satisfying, yet easy on the calories.
1 tbsp oil - 1.5p
1/2 tsp crushed garlic - 3p
1 large courgette (about 400g), diced - 70p
2 medium/large tomatoes (about 200g), diced -20p
A shake of your favourite dried herb (I used parsley) 5p
4 eggs - 34p
Plenty of salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Turn on your grill to medium
- Chuck in the courgettes, followed by the garlic and the tomatoes.
- Gently saute until the courgettes are slightly softened.
- Add in the herbs and season well.
- Crack four eggs into a pan, then put the pan under the grill until the eggs are cooked to your liking.